With the help of more than 250 NUN Runners, the 4th Annual NUN Run raised more than $20,000 to support the students of St. Joan Antida High School (SJA). This new record would not have been possible without the generous support of our sponsors at Catholic Financial Life, WaterStone Bank, SJA Alumnae Association, Three Lions Pub, and SWAG Promotions.
On Sunday, February 17, 2019, we gathered in Shorewood for the Post-Race Refueling Party. The weather was against us, but a little snow could not stop 75 NUN Runners from enjoying a good party. Sisters, alumnae, and friends gathered to play games, share memories, and celebrate SJA.
Of course, this event is never complete without a few surprises. After collecting more than 45 signatures at the Refueling Party, The North Lakers presented a formal petition to the SJA Alumnae Association. With the support of the Association and the Sisters of Charity of St. Joan Antida, all were pleased to recognize 16 members of the 2019 North Lakers as honorary alumnae of St. Joan Antida High School.
Congratulations to the 2019 Team Award Winners:
- 1st Place Relay Winner - Penguin Pacers led by Sr. Theresa Rozga, SCSJA '77
- 2nd Place Relay Winner - Bad Habits led by Sharon Malenda and Chris (Budnowski) Lamarre '68
- Best Team Name - The NUN Too Hot SJA Alums led by Annette (DiPronio) Huttl '79
- Largest Alumnae Team - Sweating with the Sisters the official team of the SJA Alumnae Association
- Long Distance Runners - The North Lakers led by, honorary SJA Alumna, Mary Brown
Thank you to all of our NUN Runners!
Refueling Party Sponsor: