By offering an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum at St. Joan Antida High School (SJA), all students applying for 9th grade are REQUIRED to complete our Placement Tests.
In order to determine a prospective students current academic ability in the areas of English, Math and Spanish*, SJA's Placement Tests require that students provide written narrative which is crucial throughout the IB curriculum.
SJA does not have the ability to accept the HSPT (high school placement test) scores that are often administered or shared with other area high schools. Prospective 9th graders will need to register for a testing session and should anticipate around 1.5 hours to complete all the required information.
*Students with no experience speaking the Spanish language will not be required to complete the Spanish test.
- Placement Testing Registration
- Placement Testing Dates
- Placement Testing Tips
- Group Placement Testing at Your School
To register for your Placement Testing session at St. Joan Antida High School, please fill out the form below. If you can not make one of the five dates listed, or if you would like to schedule an individual placement testing in conjunction with a shadow visit, please contact Ruth Lopez, Director of Admissions and Enrollment at (414) 274-4709 or Rlopez@SaintJoanAntida.org to make an appointment today.
Students are required to register to take the Admissions Tests. Prospective students are able to schedule their Admissions Test on the same day they Shadow Visit. All materials, supplies and expenses associated with the Admissions Test are covered by St. Joan Antida High School.
Parents are not required to be present during the exam. You student will be able to call you near the end of their testing session for pick up. As mentioned these test usually take 1.5 hours to complete.
Visit the Placement Testing Registration tab on this page in order to register.
2019-2020 PLACEMENT Test Schedule:
|Saturday, Nov. 16||12:30-3 PM|
|Saturday, Dec. 7||12:30-3 PM|
Students arriving more than 30 minutes after the scheduled session has begun will not be allowed to complete the tests.
Students will be given a pencil, pen, high lighter, scrap paper and a calculator to use on the exam.
No cell phones are allowed in the Testing Center.
- Get plenty of rest the night before your testing appointment.
- Take the test seriously. You will be placed into classes based on your results, so do your best.
- Eat a quality, well-balanced meal prior to the test to help you concentrate and stay focused.
- The placement exam session can take up to 1.5 hours, but you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete each exam.
- Arrive a few minutes early so you are in a non-rushed state of mind and can find the testing room, bathrooms, etc.
- Late-comers will only be seated up to 30 minutes after the scheduled exam time.
- Be sure to understand the directions for each test before that test session begins. Ask questions if you need to.
- Read each question carefully until you understand what the question is asking. If answering an item requires several steps, be sure you consider all of them.
Are you interested in having SJA come to your school to perform Placement Testing for a group of students or even your entire classroom?
We can have a proctor come to your campus and complete group Placement Testing for your students. In order to review results, students would need to schedule an admissions appointment following the completion of their exam.