SJA Quick Facts
SJA is an International Baccalaureate World School
SJA is the first all-girl high school in Wisconsin to offer the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP).
- Adopting the IB for all approach, we expose all SJA students to a rigorous and internationally-standardized curriculum and ensure our students will be prepared for college and world citizenship.
- The IB program provides a rigorous education across six Common Core areas of study: English literature, Spanish language, individuals and society, experimental sciences, mathematics, and the arts.
- The 2015-16 school year marked the first year of full implementation of IB at SJA, with students enrolled in both the Diploma Programme (DP) and Career-related Programme (CP).
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Focus
Our goal is to become the “go-to” school for young women in Southeastern Wisconsin who are interested in STEM-related careers.
- SJA has been partners with Project Lead the Way since 2006 and now offers five engineering courses.
- All incoming freshwomen are required to take an Introduction to Engineering course.
SJA Demographics and Statistics
For more than 65 years, SJA has provided an intensive college-preparatory education to economically disadvantaged young women from Milwaukee’s poorest neighborhoods.
- In 2018-2019, more than 98% of our student body fell at or below the poverty line. We believe education is key to breaking the cycle of poverty in our city.
- 58% of graduates live and work in Milwaukee.
- SJA provides more than $7,500 in tuition discounts per year for every student to fill the gap between Choice/tuition dollars and the actual cost of educating a student.
- College Possible
- Johnson Controls
- Junior League of Milwaukee
- Marquette University
- M3 Insurance
- Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
- Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Mount Mary University
- PEARLS for Teen Girls
- Pieper Power
- Professional Dimensions
- Project Lead the Way
- Rockwell Automation
- University of Wisconsin—Milwaukee (UWM)
- UWM ArtsECO