Founded in 1954 in the spirit of St. Joan Antida Thouret and the tradition of the Catholic faith, St. Joan Antida High School has served the educational needs and life aspirations of young women for nearly 70 years in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
On September 16th 1932, the first Sisters of Charity of St. Joan Antida arrived in Milwaukee to begin their ministry. They began working at St. Camillus.
A year later, eight more Sisters arrived to begin their work with Italian immigrants in Third Ward at Our Lady of Pompei Church. They had the dream to continue the work of St. Joan Antida by building a school for young women.
On September 15, 1954, St. Joan Antida High School opened its doors to the young women of Milwaukee.
The heritage of SJA is richly threaded with a continuous celebration of cultural diversity, academic achievement and Catholic values. Educational programs and co-curricular activities have continued to evolve and develop throughout the years to provide young women with an education that prepares them for success.