Current employment opportunity at St. Joan Antida High School:
Founded in 1954, St. Joan Antida High School (SJA) prepares and empowers young women to lead and serve in a global society. As Wisconsin’s only all-girl International Baccalaureate World School (IB), SJA provides a student-centered, college-preparatory education to young women in grades 9-12. Located in downtown Milwaukee and sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of St. Joan Antida, SJA offers a Catholic, values-based approach with an educational model focused on academic quality, personalized attention, and leadership development
This position reports to the Director of Admissions & Enrollment and is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the admissions and recruitment process. In addition, s/he is responsible for the internal department content management of prospect student recruitment events, social media, and mail/web correspondence, in coordination with the Marketing Communications Specialist.
This job description is designed to support admissions and enrollment at SJA through continued growth toward mastering and implementing the skills and systems that will increase enrollment.
Admissions Coordinator possess the following traits and job skills:
- Excellent time management skills: Plans, schedules, and executes a daily schedule using SJA Admissions Team time management tools.
- Professional vocabulary and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to ensure files and processes are accurately maintained and followed.
- Accurate data entry skills to assist in the data entry of leads, events, middle schools and more in the lead database system.
- Effective public speaking skills.
- High energy, fun and ability to connect and manage youth.
- Multi-tasking skills to ensure multiple processes and projects are executed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Confidence to brainstorm and bring creative ideas forward to the team.
- Ability to work well with a team as well as independently with little supervision.
Recruiting and Lead Management:
- Assists with the coordination, promotion and execution of all admissions recruitment events both on and off campus.
- Maintains the records of a lead in the database system including folder creation, records request, following up with recruits, scheduling and tracking new student appointments, data entry from Admissions events.
- Attends all-school daily gatherings, daily team updates, weekly staff meetings, staff training, and other meetings as necessary.
- Implements the phone and email script for lead follow-up and logs progress into the lead database.
- Assists the Admissions Director in day-to-day systems and tasks.
- Schedules tours from the leads received.
- Develops and grows professional relationships with middle school counselors.
- Successfully plans, organizes and hosts middle school presentations.
- Manages telephone messages and promptly returns them.
- Is a team player, follows processes, and is open to feedback.
- Manages and leads the SJA Student Ambassadors (ROAR Team) for recruitment events.
- Builds relationships with parishes, middle schools and community organizations to support recruitment.
- Attends recruitment and admissions events on behalf of SJA as needed
- Creates and maintains prospective SJA student information folders, packets, and thank-you cards.
- Assists in the preparation of summer recruitment events.
- Helps cover the front desk for lunch breaks and delivery of mail.
- Performs other tasks as needed.
Admissions Sales Systems:
- Understands and effectively shares the history of SJA.
- Understands and knows the SJA education product.
- Learns and can translate into Spanish the features and benefits of the education product.
- Uses sales techniques to generate leads.
- Learns and masters SJA interview and tour processes.
- Continually improves SJA Admissions processes.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in customer service or a sales related field (Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.)
- Spanish speaking required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Familiarity with database systems (Blackbaud, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, etc.) preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license held for one year, insured with a clear driving record.
For All Employees:
- Contribution to discussions and ideas impacting the learning environment at SJA while maintaining professionalism and respect.
- Collaborate and communicate in an appropriate, timely, professional manner.
- Establish and model behaviors that promote high expectations for students, staff, and faculty.
- Model the importance for lifelong learning through commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Abide by all policies, procedures, and the employee handbook.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to Marikris Coryell, SJA President, via the following email address: MCoryell@SaintJoanAntida.org