Join the movement on Nov. 29
Support St. Joan Antida High School students and help us #FillTheBus!
What is #GivingTuesday?
What is #FillTheBus?
SJA provides bus transportation to more than 50% of our students. Families rely on safe and reliable transportation in order for their daughters to attend SJA.
- More than 50% of our student body relies on school bus transportation, at a total cost of more than $108,000, provided by SJA.
- School bus transportation helps SJA maintain average daily attendance rates in the 93-97% range.
- SJA has a total of three buses (North side, central city, South side) each making two stops. We provide this benefit to families at no charge to them.
- The school bus remains the safest form of surface transportation in the United States. It is far safer than the automobile, truck, public bus, or train.
- Without provided transportation, our families do not have the option to send their children to a school of their choice.
- Many of our families do not have safe, reliable transportation of their own and have work commitments that prevent them from transporting their daughters to and from SJA.
"I'm grateful for the SJA bus because now I don't need to take a city bus to school - I know I'm safe."- Joycelyn Medley, '18
"We are grateful to get to take the SJA bus because we know it will get us to class on time so that we don't miss anything and we can learn!"
- Carmen Medina-Santa Anna, '17 and Nancy Plascencia, '17
"I'm grateful for the SJA bus because I don't need to find a ride in the morning and I know I'll be on time."
- Miriam Bility, Class of 2019
How can you help?
Giving Tuesday is about ordinary people joining together to make a huge impact. Gifts of all size are greatly appreciated. Make a gift online.
- Sponsor a student (like Perla, pictured here) and help provide bus transportation for the entire year with a gift of $1,000.
- Giving Tuesday is social. Share your reason for giving through your social media networks. Complete this sentence, post and encourage others to join: I support St. Joan Antida High School students because ______________. Be sure to use the hashtags: #FillTheBus; #GivingTuesday
- Take an "UNselfie" - a picture of you showing support for Giving Tuesday and SJA, like our students above. Take a pic, tag it #UNselfie, #GivingTuesday, #FillTheBus and upload to your Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.