SJA requires that all current 8th grade students complete our Placement Exam in order to be eligible for enrollment for 9th grade. These three exams cover content in the areas of English, Spanish, and Math. Placement exam results are reviewed by SJA Faculty and Administration to determine a student’s current academic ability.
Students need not study for their exams, as they are not graded to determine eligibility for enrollment. Completion of all three exams takes about 1.5 hours.
If your student has no experience speaking the Spanish language or has never taken Spanish as a course in school, they will automatically be placed in Spanish 1 for their 9th grade year.
- Get plenty of rest the night before your testing appointment.
- Take the test seriously. You will be placed into classes based on your results, so do your best.
- Eat a quality, well-balanced meal prior to the test to help you concentrate and stay focused.
- The placement exam session can take up to 1.5 hours, but you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete each exam.
- Arrive a few minutes early so you are in a non-rushed state of mind and can find the testing room, bathrooms, etc.
- Late-comers will only be seated up to 30 minutes after the scheduled exam time.
- Be sure to understand the directions for each test before that test session begins. Ask questions if you need to.
- Read each question carefully until you understand what the question is asking. If answering an item requires several steps, be sure you consider all of them.
The following dates are provided for Placement Testing for all current 8th grade students. You must contact SJA to RSVP your spot for the exam and be sure to mention your preferred date and time.
If you would like to schedule a time to take the Placement Exam outside of the dates mentioned, please contact Alexis Carter, Director of Admissions & Enrollment for your individual appointment:
Office Direct Line: (414) 274-4709
2017 – 2018 Placement Exam Schedule:
Saturday, October 14
9:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
Saturday, October 28
9:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
Monday, October 30
4:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M.
Saturday, November 10
9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
Tuesday, November 14
4:00 P.M – 7:00 P.M.
|Wednesday, November 29||4:00 P.M.- 7:00 P.M.|
Please arrive on time. Students arriving more than 30 minutes after the exam has begun will not be allowed to enter. Students will be given a pencil, pen, scratch paper and a calculator to use on the exam.
If you are unable to make one of the testing dates listed, please contact the admissions office at (414) 274-4709 to schedule an appointment.
Are you interested in having SJA come to your school to preform Placement Testing for a group of students or even your entire classroom?
Contact Alexis Carter in Admissions to complete this request. We can have a proctor come to your campus and complete testing for your students. In order to review results, students would need to schedule an admissions appointment following the completion of their exam.