Our Freshwoman Summer Series is a bridge program for incoming Freshwoman to transition to high school with a clear understanding of what St. Joan Antida High School is like. Participants are exposed to SJA student life through STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Art & Math) workshops, while getting practical experience through classwork and group discussions about study habits and test taking skills facilitated by school staff. Students will be able to participate in field trips, discuss topics relevant to young women transitioning to high school, and HAVE FUN by getting to know the other students entering SJA through a scheduled series of learning sessions.
Registration is for incoming Freshwomen for the 2017 -2018 school year.
Freshwoman Summer Series begins Monday, June 26 and ends Friday, July 28.
Programming runs from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Once a student reserves a spot and that reservation is confirmed with the Admissions Department, she will be given a calendar of events that outlines dates, offered workshops, and activities.
Registration will open the 2nd week in April. Specific dates, times, and a schedule for programming will be provided at that time.
The FIRST WEEK of Freshwoman Summer Series is required for all incoming Freshwomen to attend. Students are not required to attend the entire length of the program or each scheduled activity or event, but it is encouraged.
FRESHWOMEN SUMMER SERIES PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Five consecutive weeks of learning prior to classes beginning in fall.
- Hands-on lab experiments.
- Transportation assistance (yellow bus).
- Healthy snacks served during programming.
- Team design projects and competitions through our STEAM workshops.
- Introduction to SJA campus life while meeting new friends.
- Industry tours of historical landmarks in the City of Milwaukee.
- Health and wellness workshops including but not limited to: community gardening, yoga, canning classes, alternative sports & entrepreneurship.
- Opportunities to learn more about our International Baccalaureate program and how that effects how you will learn in the classroom (for the better!)
- Classroom time in core subjects.
- FUN FUN FUN!
Please download your registration materials here and return them to the SJA Admissions Office by Monday, June 19th.
SJA SUMMER ACADEMY IS OPEN FOR STUDENTS ENTERING 9th GRADE ONLY.
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED TO ATTEND SJA IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE.
Contact Alexis Carter, Director of Enrollment & Admissions for any questions or concerns:
Direct Office Number: (414) 274-4709