Girls in Engineering Program
SJA’s Girls in Engineering Program, in partnership with Project Lead The Way (PLTW) and the Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE), connects students with professionalengineers working for companies like Johnson Controls, who serve as mentors throughout the four-year hands-on program.
- More than 500 SJA students have taken the Introduction to Engineering course since the program launched, a required course for all freshwomen
- SJA offers a total of five engineering courses, in addition to an Introduction to Architecture course in partnership with the University of Wisconsin—Milwaukee
- 10 percent of SJA’s 2015 graduating class went on to attend the MSOE as part of the Girls in Engineering partnership between both schools
- 114 SJA students are currently enrolled in engineering courses for the 2015-16 academic year
- 63% of students who took Introduction to Engineering in 2014-15 are currently enrolled in the second-year Principals of Engineering course for the 2015-16 academic year